You are unable to access and edit the content on this page. Please contact us to make any changes.
what information we collect?
When you visit our Website you may provide us with two types of information: Personal Information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our Website. "Personal Information" is information that can be used to identify you (whether alone or in combination), such as your first and last name, email address, zip code/post code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, age, and any other information you choose to provide.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
how do we use the information that you provide to us?
Broadly speaking, we use Personal Information for purposes of administering and expanding our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Website, new products and special offers we think you will find valuable. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by emailing us at the address listed below.
what are cookies?
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a site, that site's computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it.
Note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to sites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
how do we use information we collect from cookies?
notice of new services and changes
Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Website, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. As our customer, you will be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by sending us an email at the address listed below.
Our Website is intended for a general audience and not directed to children under 13 years of age. We do not intend to collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) (“Children’s Personal Information”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA, and for any children’s or mixed-use portions of our Website (if any) we will comply with COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected Children’s Personal Information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, please contact us at by sending a letter to the address listed below (Attention: Legal) and we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA.
Parents may want to consider commercially available parental control protections to limit what minors can access online and/or monitor their minor children’s online activities. Examples include: www.netnanny.com; www.webwatcher.com and www.sentrypc.com. We do not endorse these or other services and are not responsible for them.
We take reasonable steps to have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place to help protect your Personal Information. This may include, in appropriate circumstances, use of Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information collected through our Website.
2 Tri Harbor Court
Port Washington, NY 11050
Privacy Notice for Tweezerman.com
Last Updated: December 22nd, 2022
Tweezerman International, Inc.’s (“Tweezerman,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) mission is to provide consumers with high quality, innovative, and best in class beauty tools. Tweezerman is based in Port Washington, New York and belongs to the Zwilling Beauty Group, a leading beauty tool company with subsidiaries and production sites in the United States, Canada, Europe, India, and China. We place an emphasis on consumer loyalty and brand integrity. Given our focus on people and dedication to our customers, we understand that you care about your own personal privacy interests, and we take that seriously.
- Personal Information We May Collect or Receive
- How We Collect Personal Information (Sources)
- How We Use Your Personal Information (Purpose for Collection)
- When And How We Disclose Personal Information
- Security of Personal Information
- Storage, Retention, and International Transfers of Information
- Information About Children
- Your Rights and Choices
- California Privacy Rights
- European Data Protection Rights
- Contact Information
Tweezerman.com and the products, services, and features available on Tweezerman.com (“Site”), are directed to and provided for our customers in the United States. The data collection and processing practices of other entities in the Zwilling Beauty Group, including entities that may operate in the European Union (EU), are governed by their own privacy policies.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT OR RECEIVE
Depending on the circumstances, we may collect, obtain, or otherwise acquire the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers (contact information) including your name, postal address, email address, mobile telephone number, landline, date of birth, and username or social media handle.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications Under California or Federal Law – specifically, gender.
- Device Identifiers such as your MAC address, Internet Protocol (IP) address (the address of your computer on the Internet), or other online identifiers.
- Commercial Information such as the products or services you have purchased, returned, or considered and your product preferences. Commercial Information may also include:
- Customer support information, such as the information you provide to us when you use our Contact Us online form, send us an email or letter, or call our customer service line to obtain customer support or to provide us with feedback. This may include certain Personal Information generated by your use of the Site or Personal Information that you choose to share with us. We may, in accordance with applicable law, document your communication with our support team or with other similar contact channels.
- User content and other digital information that you choose to provide to us when you send us an email, submit, or post a comment, or otherwise communicate with us online (including the subject of your email, the content of your message, photographs and images, videos, reviews, articles, quiz and survey responses).
- Payment information, such as your method of payment and payment card information (including payment card number, expiration date, delivery address and billing address).
- Referrals you make as part of our Refer a Friend Program.
- Internet Or Other Network Activity Information such as information regarding your interaction with our Site and advertisements, search history, information about your browsing activity, and log file information which includes, but may not be limited to, your browser type, webpages you visit, cookies tied to a specific browser, unique session ID, and other electronic network activity.
- Geolocation Information, such as information that can help identify your physical location like your GPS coordinates or the approximate location of your mobile device.
- Physical Characteristics or Description such as your skin type (i.e., oily, dry, sensitive, combination), eye color and related information about your beauty routine, such as skin care products you may use for washing, cleansing, exfoliating, moisturizing, etc. only when you voluntarily provide that information in response to a survey, quiz, or other program.
- Professional Or Employment Related Information such as your company or organization, job title, work address, and work telephone number.
- Inferences drawn from or created based on any of the information identified above.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION (SOURCES)
In most cases, we collect Personal Information directly from you. However, we may also obtain limited Personal Information about you from a device associated with you or your household, another company within our family of companies, or an external third-party source.
Information You Provide to Us Voluntarily
We collect Personal Information you provide to us. This includes information you choose to provide when you:
- Register and create, update, or modify a Customer Account on our Site. For example, when you create a new Customer Account you are required to provide your first name, last name, day and month of birth, mobile telephone number, and email address. Individuals are not required to create a Customer Account to access our Site or purchase products. It’s entirely optional.
- Complete a purchase or other transaction with us, including the information we need to process payments, complete the transaction, and deliver your products.
- Request customer service, process a return, provide feedback, or otherwise contact us, including through online forms, email, mail, and telephone.
- Use our Sharpening and Repair Service, submit a sharpening form, or otherwise contact the Tweezerman Customer Service Team.
- Request to have a product such as a tweezer engraved with initials.
- Use the Store Locator feature on our Site.
- Participate in our Tweezerman Loyalty Program.
- Refer a friend through our Referral Program.
- When you refer a friend, we keep a record of your referrals so that we can provide you with the rewards you earn by participating in our Referral Program. We do not, however, add your friend’s name or email address to our customer database or email marketing lists until that individual engages with us directly.
- Subscribe to receive emails, SMS texts, or other marketing communications from us.
- Engage with us on social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, Google+), or post a product review, rating, comment, or other user-generated content on our Site.
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, quiz, or survey.
Please note that we use Braintree Payment Services (which is part of PayPal, Inc.) to process all online payments. Braintree is a payments platform that many of the largest online merchants use to accept payments in mobile apps and websites. Tweezerman does not receive information related to your financial or credit card account used to purchase products on our Site. You may review Braintree’s privacy and security policy.
Information Collected Automatically
Our Site automatically collects certain information, some of which may be deemed Personal Information. The information collected may include, without limitation, information about your device, such as the make, model, settings, specifications (e.g., CPU speed, connection speed, browser type, operating system, device identifier) and geographic location of you and/or your device, as well as date/time stamp, IP address, webpages visited, actions taken on webpages, time of visits, content viewed, ads viewed, the site(s), application(s), destination(s), and/or service(s) you arrived from (referrer URL), and other clickstream data.
Some of this information may be collected by our web server software, which generates log files — text files that record one line of data each time a browser request is made. Data also may be automatically collected using cookies and similar technologies. Cookies are small text files placed on your device to store data that can be recalled by a web server in the same domain that placed the cookie. The text in a cookie often consists of a string of numbers and letters that uniquely identifies your device, but it can contain other information as well.
Our Site uses first-party cookies, which are set by Tweezerman.com as well as third-party cookies which are set by a third party. In some cases, that is because we have hired the third party to provide services on our behalf, such as web hosting, site functionality, or site analytics. In other cases, we work with third parties such as Google, Facebook, or Tik Tok to conduct digital advertising campaigns for us. Because your browser connects to those third parties’ web servers to retrieve that content, those third parties can set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities across websites or online services.
Information From Other Sources
We may also acquire your Personal Information from other consumers, our service providers, third parties, or other sources. Sources of Personal Information may include:
- Business Partners with which we jointly provide services, including national retailers we work with as part of our “drop ship” program. In a “drop ship” program you may order one of our products from your favorite retailer who then provides us with just the information needed to fulfill the order and ship the product to you.
- Service Providers or vendors who operate our customer management database or support our business operations such as marketing, analytics, loyalty program, payment processing, product return and exchange process, product shipping, and customer support function. A list of our Service Providers is provided below in the section about sharing Personal Information.
- Affiliated companies and other members of the Zwilling Beauty Group GmbH corporate family, including Zwilling Beauty, Tweezerman UK, and QVS Global.
- Customers who purchase one of our products as a gift or a gift card or use our “refer-a-friend” email feature.
- Publicly available sources, such as public posts online or public databases.
In some circumstances, we may also purchase or otherwise acquire Personal Information from third party consumer data suppliers/resellers, data enrichment providers and aggregators, advertising networks, data analytics providers, business contact databases, government entities, and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and other related entities.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our goal is to limit the data we collect to the information needed to execute a transaction, support our customers, and operate our business.
We may use or may have used the information we have about you:
- To facilitate your purchases, including processing your order and payment, shipping the order, and providing you with technical support and assistance.
- To communicate with you, including to respond to your inquiries or complaints, and to help you place an order. For example, when you purchase one of our products, we may use your email address to send you a confirmation notice and your mailing address to send you the product. If you correspond with us by email, the postal service, or other form of communication, we may retain such correspondence and the information contained in it and use it to respond to your inquiry.
- To create, maintain, and support your Customer Account, assist with product selection and replenishment, and manage current or past purchases.
- To administer your participation in contests, sweepstakes, surveys, and other promotions. For example, if you enter a contest, we will use your Personal Information to notify you if you are a winner.
- To operate the Tweezerman Loyalty Program, including to provide you with rewards based on past purchase history. In addition, we use month of your birthday to send customers enrolled in our Tweezerman Loyalty Program a gift.
- For marketing and advertising, such as to send you marketing and advertising materials via postal mail, text message or email, and to show you targeted advertisements online for products and/or services tailored to your interests.
- We may use location information collected from your device to
- help us create and distribute promotions targeted to specific areas based on factors such as weather.
- help you locate a nearby store that carries Tweezerman products when you use our Store Locater feature
- For analytics purposes, such as to understand how you use our Site, understand your preferred method of purchasing with us, determine what browser and devices you use to visit our Site, and to evaluate and improve our products, services, advertisements, and Site.
- To operate and improve our business, including to respond to employment applications, provide quality assurance, and perform accounting, auditing, and other internal business functions.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection. In addition, we may merge, co-mingle, or otherwise combine information, including Personal Information, in furtherance of the purposes above.
WHEN AND HOW WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose or may have disclosed your Personal Information to:
Service Providers. We may allow access to your Personal Information by Service Providers that perform services for us, but only for the purpose of and to the extent necessary to perform those services. For example, Service Providers help us with technical maintenance, database management, market research, e-commerce, website analytics, advertising functionality, as well as credit/debit card or other payment processing, order fulfillment, and address verification. These Service Providers are contractually prohibited from using Personal Information for any secondary purposes. While we may seek to require Service Providers to follow appropriate privacy policies and will not authorize them to use your Personal Information except for the express purpose for which it is provided, we do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of third parties. Our Service Providers include:
- AB Tasty to test, measure, and report site interactions, so we can continue to improve our on-site offerings.
- accessiBe to help make our Site accessible to all our customers.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) for web hosting, data storage and infrastructural services.
- BrainTree Payment Services to process online payments.
- Google Analytics to measure and report statistics about user interactions on the Site.
- Hotjar to monitor what areas of the Site are most useful, and which are not, so we can continue to improve our experience for you.
- Klaviyo to manage and operate our customer relationship management (CRM) database and execute marketing campaigns, including email and SMS campaigns.
- Narvar, Inc. to help manage and improve our consumers’ pre- and post-purchase experience, including order tracking, delivery notifications, product return management, and customer support.
- Yotpo, Inc to operate and manage our Referral Program, Loyalty Program, and customer reviews through Yotpo’s eCommerce marketing platform.
- Zendesk to assist with provision of customer service.
Affiliated Entities. We may disclose your Personal Information to affiliated entities in the Zwilling Beauty Group GmbH corporate family and other related entities for administrative or operational purposes such as information security or as required by law. We may also disclose limited Personal Information to enable cross marketing and promotional campaigns between Affiliated Entities.
Third-Party Advertising Partners. Through our Site, we may allow third-party advertising partners such as Google, Facebook, and Tik Tok to set cookies and other tracking tools to automatically collect information regarding your online activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, cookie identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit third-party services within their networks. This form of digital advertising may be referred to as “interest-based advertising,” “personalized advertising” or “cross-context behavioral advertising.”
In general, we use two basic forms of digital advertising:
- remarketing and retargeting, which shows relevant ads to an audience based on prior shopping and browsing patterns on our Site; and
- audience targeting, which refers to targeting advertisements to a large audience based on the audience’s known or inferred demographics, such as where they live or an expressed interest in cosmetics.
Our third-party advertising partners include:
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics
Parties To a Corporate Transaction. We reserve the right to transfer Personal Information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution, or liquidation).
Other Third Parties. In addition, we may disclose Personal Information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity, (iv) when disclosure of your Personal Information is otherwise required or permitted by law, or (v) with your consent.
Public Posts and User Generated Content. Please be aware that content and Personal Information that you choose to post or share in publicly accessible portions of the Site (product reviews, questions, comments, etc.) may be available to other users and/or outside the Site, including for marketing purposes, so you should be mindful of all Personal Information, especially sensitive Personal Information, that you may wish to post. Similarly, when you interact with our Site through social media or other services, depending on your privacy settings, this information or content and your username may become public on the Internet or within a community of users. We cannot prevent further use of this information once you share it in a publicly available forum. Information, including limited Personal Information, posted in a product review or other public post may be reposted on the website of Affiliate Entities in the Zwilling Beauty Group, or in other online or marketing content.
Links To Other Websites
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Information in our possession. However, because no information system can be 100% secure, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
When you sign up for a Customer Account on the Site you are required to create a password. Your password is encrypted, and we do not have access to your encrypted password. After you are logged in you may change your password at any time.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Customer Account and password and for restricting access to your computer. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Customer Account or password. As a result, it is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. We encourage you to create a strong password for your Customer Account. It is a best practice not to reuse passwords on different sites.
NOTICE TO SITE USERS LOCATED OUTSIDE THE U.S.
This Site, our online store, and our services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are intended for use in the United States by our customers located in the United States. This Site is subject to the laws of the United States. The possible availability of the Site outside the United States is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your Personal Information to the United States, which may not have laws that provide the same level of protections as those in other jurisdictions.
STORAGE, RETENTION, AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our US-based operations are supported by a network of computers, cloud-based servers, and other infrastructure and information technology, including, but not limited to, service providers such as AWS. Personal Information may be transferred, stored, and processed anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States or Ireland (the location of the AWS servers), or in those countries in which we have affiliated entities in the Zwilling Beauty Group Family or engaged service providers. By using our Site, purchasing our products, or otherwise providing us with Personal Information you consent to your Personal Information being transferred to countries outside of the country where you access and use our Site, including countries/regions that have different data protection rules than your country.
INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN
Our services are not intended nor designed for children. We do not knowingly collect or accept Personal Information from any child under the age of 16. If it is brought to our attention that we have unknowingly received Personal Information from a child under 16, we will immediately remove all that child’s personal and identifiable information from our records. In addition, we will not disclose this information to any other companies.
California users under the age of 18 may request the removal of their content or information publicly posted on the Site by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org@tweezerman.com. Please note that although we will do our very best to honor all requests, we cannot guarantee a fully comprehensive removal especially in cases where content or information may have been re-posted or shared by another user.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Depending on applicable law, you may have some rights and choices with respect to your Personal Information. Those rights may be limited by local law requirements. You may exercise these rights by contacting us as specified below. We strive to provide all our customers regardless of jurisdiction with the ability to make meaningful choices about your Personal Information.
You Choose What Information You Provide
You are not required to create a Customer Account, join our Loyalty Program or subscribe to email marketing in order to access our Site or make purchases. It’s entirely optional. When you are asked to provide Personal Information on our Site, you may decline. If you choose not to provide the requested information, we may not be able to provide you with the desired products or services, or certain features of our Site may not be functional.
Similarly, providing a review, posting a question, or otherwise uploading or publishing User Generated Content on our Site is entirely voluntary.
Accessing, Modifying or Deleting Your Information
You may access, review, edit, or modify your Customer Account information at any time by logging into your Account through our Site. Information that may be included in your Customer Account includes: status of recent orders; your complete order history; Personal Information (including name, email, password, and address book); and email notification settings.
- Once you are logged in, you may download a copy of the Personal Information stored in your Customer Account in CSV format.
- To delete your Customer Account please email email@example.com or use the Customer Account privacy settings. Please be aware that deleting your Customer Account will remove the contact information, purchase history, discounts, orders, invoices, and all other information that might be related to your Customer Account and purchase history.
Tweezerman Loyalty Program Opt-Out
You may opt out of our Loyalty Program by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will remove you from the program within 48 business hours. All your Personal Information associated with the Loyalty Program will be deleted. Please note that terminating your participation in the Loyalty Program does not delete your Customer Account or opt you out of other communications.
User Generated Content
You can opt-out from receiving marketing communications by email by following the instructions within the emails you receive from us or by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that your opt-out request is specific to the particular type of email communication you receive from us. For example, if you opt-out from a Loyalty Program email, you will no longer receive Loyalty Program email communications, but you may still receive email marketing communications from us. Further, if you opt-out from all email communications, we may still send you transactional or operational emails. Examples of transactional or operational emails include, purchase or shipping confirmations, password resets, profile updates or other account related messages.
Text Message Opt-Out
You can opt-out from receiving text messages from us by texting the keyword STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT to our shortcode to cancel. After texting STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT to our shortcode you will receive one additional message confirming that your request has been processed. If you unsubscribe from one of our text message programs, you may continue to receive text messages from Tweezerman through any other programs you have joined until you separately unsubscribe from those programs.
Interest-Based Advertising (Cross-Context Behavioral Advertising)
As explained above, we use third-party advertising companies such as Google+, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) to serve digital ads on our behalf. We may allow these third parties to collect information on our Site for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you based in part on your visits to and interaction with our Site.
External Opt-Out Tools: Some third-party organizations provide ways of opting out of personalized advertising delivered by participating companies. For information about how to opt-out, you can visit these organizations’ websites: Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out tools, the Digital Advertising Initiative’s Browser Check tool, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance Your Ad Choices.
Do Not Track: Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our Site does not currently respond to browser DNT signals. Instead, you can use the range of other tools to control data collection and use, including the cookie controls described above.
Manage Your Cookie Preferences
You can also decide to restrict cookies using browser settings and other online tools. By default, most web browsers are designed to accept cookies, however you can usually set your browser to reject or remove browser cookies. Please note that this could impact the functionality and availability of certain features on our Site.
You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies or similar technology on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you reject cookies or turn cookies off, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site. Cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, subject to applicable law, you have the following rights under California law with respect to your Personal Information.
- Right to Know. You have the right to request what Personal Information we have collected about you, including the categories of Personal Information; the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected; the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing Personal Information; the categories of third parties to whom we disclose Personal Information; and the specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you.
- Right to Delete or Correct. You have the right to request the deletion or correction of your Personal Information that is collected or maintained by us, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sales or Sharing. You have the right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your Personal Information by us. You may access our Notice of Right to Opt-Out by clicking here.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. We may not discriminate against you because you have exercised any of the privacy rights described above. This right may be subject to the offers described in our Notice of Financial Incentives, which you may access by clicking here.
- Right to Limit Use or Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. We do not collect, use, disclose, or retain your sensitive personal information.
When you request that we delete your Personal Information, we will delete your Customer Account, Loyalty Program information, and any related information maintained about you in our Customer Database.
Please be aware that making any such request pursuant to California law does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal or deletion of Personal Information or content you may have posted, and there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow us to fulfill your request. For example, we retain information as needed in order to comply with legal obligations, enforce agreements, and resolve disputes. In addition, we may still use aggregated and de-identified data that does not identify you or any individual.
Personal Information Sales or Sharing Opt-Out
You have a right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your Personal Information. While we do not sell customer data in exchange for monetary consideration, we may allow our third-party advertising partners to collect device and browsing information on this Site for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you. You may opt out of the disclosure of this information for advertising purposes here or through our Cookie Notice.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use Personal Information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
Under California Law, you may exercise these rights yourself or you may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. To designate an authorized agent, please contact us as set forth below.
Please note that the effectiveness of your opt-out request may be limited by our ability to associate the cookies and/or pixels that we may collect from your web session with your identity, browser, device, and/or browsing session. As a result, your opt-out request will be more effective for future visits to our Site if you:
- Utilize the same device that was used to exercise the opt-out request;
- Have not cleared cookies from your web browser;
- Are not using a private or "do not track" mode in your web browser; and
- Provide the same Personal Information that you provided previously
We encourage you to re-submit opt-out requests from any other devices that you may be utilizing to visit our Site. If you sign up and are logged in to your Customer Account, we will be able to more easily associate you with your Site visits and apply a more persistent opt-out request across devices, browsers, and browsing sessions, subject to the above limitations.
10% Discount Off First Order + Free Shipping: We offer customers who provide their email address or phone number a 10% discount off their first order with us, along with free shipping. These financial incentives are reasonably related to our good faith estimate of the value of the data you provide. You can opt-out of receiving further communications from us at any time by following the instructions in the Marketing Choices section above.
Tweezerman Insider Loyalty & Rewards: We offer customers who sign up for our Tweezerman Insider Loyalty & Rewards program (“Tweezerman Insider”) a variety of perks, including 10% off + free shipping on their first orders; a free birthday gift during their birthday month; free ground shipping on purchases of certain amounts; and, in certain instances, early access to exclusive online sales, early access to new arrivals, and complimentary tweezer engraving. These financial incentives are reasonably related to our good faith estimate of the value of the data you provide. In connection with enrolling in Tweezerman Insider, you will need to provide us your name and email address, and create a password.
To withdraw from Tweezerman Loyalty Program, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will remove you from the program within 48 business hours. All your Personal Information associated with Tweezerman Loyalty Program will be deleted. Please note that terminating your participation in Tweezerman Loyalty Program does not delete your Customer Account or opt you out of other communications.
Under Nevada law, Nevada residents may opt out of the sale of certain “covered information” collected by operators of websites or online services. We currently do not sell covered information, as “sale” is defined by such law, and do not have plans to do so. In accordance with Nevada law, you may submit to us a verified request instructing us not to sell your covered information. Such requests can be submitted in accordance with the instructions provided in the CONTACT US section of this Policy.
EUROPEAN and U.K. DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or U.K., please read the following:
This section incorporates the general provisions of the Policy, where applicable. If any provision in the Policy is inconsistent with this section (for ease of reference, “EU Policy”), the terms of this EU Policy shall apply to the processing of Personal Data subject to this EU Policy. Terms used in this EU Policy shall have the meaning ascribed to them by the applicable data protection law, including the definition of personal data.
We are the data controller of the personal data we collect through this Site. We make every attempt to process your personal data in accordance with applicable law. We will process personal data to satisfy the purpose for which we collected it and for further purposes only if we deem them compatible with that original purpose. You are not required to provide any of the personal data; however, if you choose not to provide certain requested information, you may be unable to access some of the services, offers, and content on the Site.
Rights. Individuals located in the European Economic Area and U.K. may have the following rights, subject to limitations:
- Access or request a copy of your personal data
- Correct any inaccuracies relating to your personal data
- Restrict the processing of your personal data
- Object to the processing of your personal data, including where the data is used for marketing purposes
Request the erasure of your personal data
- Receive your personal data in a commonly-used machine readable format and have that data transmitted to a data controller of your choosing.
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data where processing is based on consent
- Right not to be subject to automated decisions where the decision produces a legal effect or similarly significant effect
- Lodge a complaint with the appropriate authority in your jurisdiction.
To exercise a right, please use the contact information at the end of this EU Policy. If you are located in the EEA and believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with applicable law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local Supervisory Authority. You can find the contact information for your local Supervisory Authority here: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm. If you are located in the United Kingdom, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority.
Legal Basis for processing . The following chart identifies the legal basis we rely upon for processing the personal data we collect from you. In general, we will process your personal data based on your consent, our legitimate interests, or to perform a contract with you.
|Purpose for Processing||Legal Basis for Processing|
Special categories of data
Marketing and Communications data
Performance of a contract
Legal or regulatory requirements
Retention. We retain your personal data only for the period of time needed to fulfill the purposes stated in this Policy, comply with applicable laws, and for our legitimate business needs.
International Transfers. When we share your personal data within our company or with our subsidiaries, we may transfer your data out of the EEA or U.K. To obtain additional information on the mechanism we use to transfer your personal data, please contact us.
Mail: Tweezerman International, LLC
2 Tri Harbor Court
Port Washington, Ny 11050-4617